An Evening with Talya BaldwinApril 24 2012, 14:09
On April 5th, 2012, we held our seasonal Artist of the Season evening at our Westbourne Grove store in Notting Hill - showcasing work by the talented Talya Baldwin. Pop into our store to buy one of her unique illustrations!
Ed van der Elsken: Love on the Left BankApril 04 2012, 13:59
First published in 1954, Love on the Left Bank follows the fictional story of Ann, a bohemian living in Paris. It is one of the first photographic books to record the birth of rebellious youth culture in Europe.
The muse Vali Myers immortalised in the streets and bars of a bohemian Paris was an Australian artist by nature; she also was the tattooist responsible for the lightning bolt (in honor of Crazy Horse) on Patti Smith's knee.
Spring Summer 2012 Artist of the SeasonMarch 29 2012, 13:59
Since the brand’s inception, we have collaborated with different illustrators, poets, and artists to creatively portray the inspiration and mood of each season. For Spring Summer 2012 season, we have partnered with Talya Baldwin for our Artist of the Season series.
Talya Baldwin's drawings tend to relate to an interest in marginalised or peripheral characters and stories. She has always been inclined to draw things which exist on the fringes of society rather than in the mainstream: urban nature, mythological anti-heroes, and small, unsensational events. She is inspired by maps, birds, fairy tales, circuses, old film posters, vintage typography, illuminated manuscripts and children's drawings. She likes building up the surface of an image with layers of media, and she never throws old pens away because she likes the kind of line you can get with a scratchy biro or a nearly-dried-out felt-tip. She has a huge collection of black biros, and she loves the fact that each one is slightly different from the next: some have blue-black ink and others are almost red, some are leaky, blobby, or only work intermittently.
Talya is currently writing and illustrating a children's book, and also work as a resident artist in primary schools. Clients include Canon, Creative Partnerships, Waterstone's, Weleda, The British Medical Journal, British Airways, The Royal Court Theatre, Random House, Milk magazine, The Epoch Times, MIND, ArtAngel, Egmont Publishing, EOS, Meatmag, MO Group and Funnel Creative.
The image seen above was done in collaboration with Twenty8Twelve for the SS12 collection.
Talya Baldwin's portfolio
AW:12 Before and AfterMarch 28 2012, 19:59
Wet Seal 1966
Spring Summer 2012 New WindowMarch 28 2012, 13:00
We’ve gone print crazy with our new Spring Summer 2012 store windows! Our yellow ‘Wendels’ tribal print was inspired by the African safari in the 1970’s and is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Be sure to come check out our new collection in stores now.Category: fashion art Author Inky Son
- Twenty8Twelve RT @fifibaggins: #ThrowbackThursday wearing @CamSatchelCo & @Twenty8Twelve http://t.co/w6FF1ckEKy #lookoftheweek #ootd #tbt http://t.co/rQ4…
20:57, May 21
- Twenty8Twelve RT @fifibaggins: I've rediscovered this gorge @Twenty8Twelve dress! #fashion #TODAYIMWEARING #ootd #styledbyfifibaggins #streetstyle http:/…
01:22, May 19
- Twenty8Twelve RT @AllegraRML: Camiseta@zadigetvoltaire sandalia@barbara_bui falda cuero@majeofficiel chaqueta cuero @Twenty8Twelve @EkseptionStock http:/…
16:35, Apr 21
- Twenty8Twelve @mariettafarrue Hi Marietta! Sienna wears a variety of brands, this cape is not one of ours! X
17:19, Apr 16
- Twenty8Twelve @fifibaggins that is one of our all time fav dresses! Looking absolutely fabulous! X
23:07, Apr 09
- Twenty8Twelve RT @fifibaggins: #ThrowbackThursday Fifibaggins: Come Into The Garden Maud http://t.co/F3xyZWjkSA #fbloggers #OOTD @Twenty8Twelve http://t.…
23:07, Apr 09
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director