Spring Summer 2012 Artist of the SeasonMarch 29 2012, 13:59
Since the brand’s inception, we have collaborated with different illustrators, poets, and artists to creatively portray the inspiration and mood of each season. For Spring Summer 2012 season, we have partnered with Talya Baldwin for our Artist of the Season series.
Talya Baldwin's drawings tend to relate to an interest in marginalised or peripheral characters and stories. She has always been inclined to draw things which exist on the fringes of society rather than in the mainstream: urban nature, mythological anti-heroes, and small, unsensational events. She is inspired by maps, birds, fairy tales, circuses, old film posters, vintage typography, illuminated manuscripts and children's drawings. She likes building up the surface of an image with layers of media, and she never throws old pens away because she likes the kind of line you can get with a scratchy biro or a nearly-dried-out felt-tip. She has a huge collection of black biros, and she loves the fact that each one is slightly different from the next: some have blue-black ink and others are almost red, some are leaky, blobby, or only work intermittently.
Talya is currently writing and illustrating a children's book, and also work as a resident artist in primary schools. Clients include Canon, Creative Partnerships, Waterstone's, Weleda, The British Medical Journal, British Airways, The Royal Court Theatre, Random House, Milk magazine, The Epoch Times, MIND, ArtAngel, Egmont Publishing, EOS, Meatmag, MO Group and Funnel Creative.
The image seen above was done in collaboration with Twenty8Twelve for the SS12 collection.
Talya Baldwin's portfolio
AW:12 Before and AfterMarch 28 2012, 19:59
Wet Seal 1966
Spring Summer 2012 New WindowMarch 28 2012, 13:00
We’ve gone print crazy with our new Spring Summer 2012 store windows! Our yellow ‘Wendels’ tribal print was inspired by the African safari in the 1970’s and is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Be sure to come check out our new collection in stores now.Category: fashion art Author Inky Son
- Twenty8Twelve ACCESSORIES GALORE! Beautifully crafted purses available exclusively in-store from next week. #Accessories #Exclusive http://t.co/dMVupNCG0n
14:34, Apr 18
- Twenty8Twelve Happy Monday All! #NottingHill looks glorious this morning #sunshine #rays #GoodMorning #London http://t.co/Xhv6Khpjoc
09:46, Apr 14
- Twenty8Twelve @maptote bags are a summer essential for picnics in the park and early evening strolls! Grab yours in store now! http://t.co/znX9PT5sJB
14:05, Apr 13
- Twenty8Twelve SNEAK PEEK: New jerseys being sent out this week fresh from the warehouse! #fashion #sneakpeek #london http://t.co/YaLYfXIuzS
14:57, Apr 10
- Twenty8Twelve Destroyed look denim #hot #hot #hot
Get our No1 selling ripped jean here: http://t.co/Cxp9ETU5IR #denim #londonlook http://t.co/VTVnxEHt8o
15:46, Apr 07
- Twenty8Twelve RT @luxrosee: If your still up & want some late night reading two new blog posts! Featuring @ZARA and @Twenty8Twelve http://t.co/YBVOukXmyE…
22:55, Apr 06
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director