Spring Summer 2012 Artist of the SeasonMarch 29 2012, 13:59
Since the brand’s inception, we have collaborated with different illustrators, poets, and artists to creatively portray the inspiration and mood of each season. For Spring Summer 2012 season, we have partnered with Talya Baldwin for our Artist of the Season series.
Talya Baldwin's drawings tend to relate to an interest in marginalised or peripheral characters and stories. She has always been inclined to draw things which exist on the fringes of society rather than in the mainstream: urban nature, mythological anti-heroes, and small, unsensational events. She is inspired by maps, birds, fairy tales, circuses, old film posters, vintage typography, illuminated manuscripts and children's drawings. She likes building up the surface of an image with layers of media, and she never throws old pens away because she likes the kind of line you can get with a scratchy biro or a nearly-dried-out felt-tip. She has a huge collection of black biros, and she loves the fact that each one is slightly different from the next: some have blue-black ink and others are almost red, some are leaky, blobby, or only work intermittently.
Talya is currently writing and illustrating a children's book, and also work as a resident artist in primary schools. Clients include Canon, Creative Partnerships, Waterstone's, Weleda, The British Medical Journal, British Airways, The Royal Court Theatre, Random House, Milk magazine, The Epoch Times, MIND, ArtAngel, Egmont Publishing, EOS, Meatmag, MO Group and Funnel Creative.
The image seen above was done in collaboration with Twenty8Twelve for the SS12 collection.
Talya Baldwin's portfolio
AW:12 Before and AfterMarch 28 2012, 19:59
Wet Seal 1966
Spring Summer 2012 New WindowMarch 28 2012, 13:00
We’ve gone print crazy with our new Spring Summer 2012 store windows! Our yellow ‘Wendels’ tribal print was inspired by the African safari in the 1970’s and is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Be sure to come check out our new collection in stores now.Category: fashion art Author Inky Son
- Twenty8Twelve DENIM OF THE DAY: Super soft, washed-out black ankle grazers, perfect for summer. #ootd #fashion… http://t.co/cKPJ0hTx3o
14:39, Mar 10
- Twenty8Twelve Happy Sunday! Nothing better than some ice cream and a little stroll around Westfield London #sunny… http://t.co/qoz3CuiZd6
16:00, Mar 09
- Twenty8Twelve More new collection coming in by the day! We can't wait to get this stuff out! #ss14 #newcollection… http://t.co/RvIzBCGLjJ
13:15, Mar 08
- Twenty8Twelve @TillieKate we hope you love it as much as we do! X
23:33, Mar 06
- Twenty8Twelve RT @TillieKate: Gave in to fate and bought the @Twenty8Twelve Ottilie leather jacket. Once I own the @Mulberry_Editor Tillie bag life will …
23:33, Mar 06
- Twenty8Twelve WHAT'S YOURE T8T LOOK? Our customer voted SATURDAY coat with matching MIROSLAVA skirt. #ootd… http://t.co/2SSfeSZodm
22:24, Mar 05
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director