Spring Summer 2012 Artist of the SeasonMarch 29 2012, 13:59
Since the brand’s inception, we have collaborated with different illustrators, poets, and artists to creatively portray the inspiration and mood of each season. For Spring Summer 2012 season, we have partnered with Talya Baldwin for our Artist of the Season series.
Talya Baldwin's drawings tend to relate to an interest in marginalised or peripheral characters and stories. She has always been inclined to draw things which exist on the fringes of society rather than in the mainstream: urban nature, mythological anti-heroes, and small, unsensational events. She is inspired by maps, birds, fairy tales, circuses, old film posters, vintage typography, illuminated manuscripts and children's drawings. She likes building up the surface of an image with layers of media, and she never throws old pens away because she likes the kind of line you can get with a scratchy biro or a nearly-dried-out felt-tip. She has a huge collection of black biros, and she loves the fact that each one is slightly different from the next: some have blue-black ink and others are almost red, some are leaky, blobby, or only work intermittently.
Talya is currently writing and illustrating a children's book, and also work as a resident artist in primary schools. Clients include Canon, Creative Partnerships, Waterstone's, Weleda, The British Medical Journal, British Airways, The Royal Court Theatre, Random House, Milk magazine, The Epoch Times, MIND, ArtAngel, Egmont Publishing, EOS, Meatmag, MO Group and Funnel Creative.
The image seen above was done in collaboration with Twenty8Twelve for the SS12 collection.
Talya Baldwin's portfolio
AW:12 Before and AfterMarch 28 2012, 19:59
Wet Seal 1966
Spring Summer 2012 New WindowMarch 28 2012, 13:00
We’ve gone print crazy with our new Spring Summer 2012 store windows! Our yellow ‘Wendels’ tribal print was inspired by the African safari in the 1970’s and is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Be sure to come check out our new collection in stores now.Category: fashion art Author Inky Son
- Twenty8Twelve RT @millsmackintosh: Today's Style Diary http://t.co/WdmvBEr1ij @Twenty8Twelve @storets @SupertrashHQ @cottonandgems @Girissima_
13:58, Dec 02
- Twenty8Twelve RT @ImAshleyRoberts: Whatiwore: leotard-Twenty8twelve skirt- Vintage shoes- Dune itvthismorning @ This Morning http://t.co/qAmSrxnjtB
14:56, Nov 27
- Twenty8Twelve Enter for a chance to win £1000 to spend at Twenty8Twelve! @ELLEUK http://t.co/l5gN0u96Sp
13:10, Nov 27
- Twenty8Twelve RT @millsmackintosh: Today's Style Diary http://t.co/1UPhNx0HhZ @Twenty8Twelve @SupertrashHQ @Converse
13:06, Nov 27
- Twenty8Twelve Our AW 2013 'Rupert' coat featured in this week's @Grazia_Live. Buy it now online at http://t.co/cyT8APBMk8 http://t.co/rcC8pSZDcH
11:45, Aug 29
- Twenty8Twelve RT @McArthurGlenUK: Our @Twenty8Twelve #Ashford opening featured in @TeleFashion over the weekend: http://t.co/KbGe2Jh92Z #FashionNews
13:31, Aug 27
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director