Underground Sensation of SohoJuly 23 2012, 10:37
A Poetic Review
by Greta Bellamacina (photos by Jacob Perlmutter)
The slanting streets of Soho disappear in and out of diffused light. A reality of the night, dampened into the electrifying mystery of the day. Sunken back streets play a fable to a time of blasting mayhem. Milk & Honey a windowless secret, serving pink ladies to interlacing strangers. The taste transcends sweet elegance and a comforting getaway from the cascading roads of central London. Masked in a coloured chameleon dress from Twenty8Twelve, casts a wild underground sensation from a quite corner of Soho.
A passing in Soho
An endless void,
For pink ladies, double. Flowerless.
A number, no door.
To cross worlds of broken silences,
Infatuation vaporised. In these vacant times,
Time to turn inwards.
To see how those intervals crazed thee.
In dwellings of,
A London Excursion to the British SeasideJuly 09 2012, 22:07
Situated to the south west of London, an elegant blend of old England is merged along the sand-lit town of Bournemouth. A town draped in white laced cliffs. A mere two hours from the chaos of London, sits a simple romance. Almost in dust form an array of fishermen coat the pier, as the inhaling ocean fills the gaps in the sand. Cycling in twos, an off-beat magic retires along the costal roads. Pastel washed beach huts tease the eye, in a laidback row of colour. All this, when sheltering from the unpredictable weather known as the British rain. The old Print Room Teahouse, inspiring a nostalgic mix of the old music hall tradition. It beckons a taste of all things sweet and theatrical, yet understated and timeless. The tea and scones procuring warm hands to heart. Dressed in Twenty8twelve sundresses and knit, captures a postcard framing the British seaside.
This sawdust corner
Lyrical and sundry, pristine orange.
Is but a slide of the
Effect that the night felt.
She fell for a man,
Who filled her with sand.
Dressing her in a lemon skinned
Dress, casting currents
Alone on the beach side.
Repaired in the milk stoned
Shore. Free swinging sand sun
Caught in their shoes.
Hitching her hem, in to a
Sea flowering, water occurred, settling.
Cascades of outpouring silver.
Shelled and fanning,
An outlook for a beach hut.
Became a passing sigh.
Category: fashion art confrere Author Greta Bellamacina
- Twenty8Twelve RT @TheCattWalk: .@IAmCattSadler looking beautiful in a @Twenty8Twelve dress and a @louisegreenhats at the 2012 #KentuckyDerby 👒💗 #TBT http…
23:05, Mar 26
- Twenty8Twelve @fifibaggins @RSVPMagazine Lovely piece! X
23:12, Jan 29
- Twenty8Twelve RT @fifibaggins: #throwbackthursday Aww look! X @Twenty8Twelve RSVP Style Squad: Fiona On Hip Label Twenty8Twelve http://t.co/njagsYvWpP vi…
23:11, Jan 29
- Twenty8Twelve ABUSE IT OR LOSE IT: LAST WEEKEND OF SAMPLE SALE! Grab denim we've featured in @Grazia_Live @BritishVogue @ELLEUK @CosmopolitanUK for £35!
20:36, Jan 23
- Twenty8Twelve RT @StyleBarista: At greatly reduced prices you don't want to miss the @Twenty8Twelve sample sale! For an extra 10% off see, http://t.co/w8…
14:22, Jan 23
- Twenty8Twelve RT @NutellaSoul: Trying stuff on at the @twenty8twelve London sample sale ...some great pieces up for grabs at the King… http://t.co/GkUdPw…
14:22, Jan 23
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director