A reading from “Kaleidoscope”- selected poems at The BridgeJuly 15 2012, 14:48
A Poetic Review
By Greta Bellamacina (photos by Lily More)
In a shadowed corner of East London, The Bridge saloon bar curtained, entrapping the bizarre. Vaporising sound. Blinding out all but curiosity. A toy kingdom of furniture, framing a Venetian edge to what seems to be the entering of the wild fringes of fantasy. A poetry reading unfolds between friends. Interludes within words, settling in a cave of existence. A simple connection between beauty and the intrigue, increasing minds in thoughts and space. Antiquities with eyes and handles stare out from collecting corners. Words smile, and the distant memory of the world beyond seems as grey as the colour. Drinking coffee from Turkish china, philosophy and passion smokes the air. And the memory of ‘love before you love it’ chimes in the moment. Poised in elegant French fancy dresses from Twenty8Twelve depicts the poet’s corner.
Love Before You Love It
Inside the violet livings,
A night veined the fantastic. A first,
Pinned-up and plastic statued.
Expecting satin but found Paris in a room.
She the lady-love, hammocked
A fantasy in the surpassing
Chop of naked reality. Wet eyed
Love. And love before you love it,
Swell it up and fall, over.
Choke at the missing point. And swallow
Love. Love before you love it, a
Living. Turned and spined,
Into the centre point,
Piece of pineapples and pears.
Cast-cut of an exotica is only
Bold in spoken reality. Thoughts are not
Truths beyond the table. Fluent and dressed
She is gone.
Greta with fellow poet Daisy Walker
2012 Kentucky DerbyMay 24 2012, 11:20 fashion press Author Inky Son
TWENTY8TWELVE RECEIVES SITE OF THE DAY AWARDMay 18 2012, 15:10 fashion press Author Inky Son
Press: Ledoyen dressMarch 21 2012, 13:29
What does Nikki Reed, Reese Witherspoon, and Jenna Ushkowitz all have in common? They all love our Autumn Winter 2011 leopard print ‘Ledoyen’ dress!Category: fashion press Author Inky Son
- Twenty8Twelve @klarizaclayton Best way to treat yourself for Xmas! Hope you love all of your new pretty little pieces! X
16:39, Dec 11
- Twenty8Twelve RT @klarizaclayton: Spent too much money here in the last few days @Twenty8Twelve worth every penny http://t.co/8MSOjVwX
16:38, Dec 11
- Twenty8Twelve @rosieleach1 Nooo! Always with the favourite jeans!! If it helps, show this tweet in-store, we'll give you a cheeky 10% off a new pair! X
00:02, Dec 08
- Twenty8Twelve @cocosdeli @uk_urbanknit a cosy Xmas is a good Xmas! Enjoy X
16:50, Dec 05
- Twenty8Twelve RT @modajezakon: Georgeous fur coat @twenty8twelve ... I'm in love #westfield #london #christmas #shopping #mjzfashion… http://t.co/o2vEHnF…
16:49, Dec 05
- Twenty8Twelve @modajezakon did you indulge? It looks so good on you! X
16:49, Dec 05
Inky Son Business and Marketing
Elsa Elphick Creative Director
Vanessa James Design Director